We might know how to tune a query for optimal performance or create additional indexes to ensure faster execution, but how do we ensure that our changes don’t hurt our total workload? Do we know if the new 3rd Party application upgrade will make performance better or worse? Do we know if your application can scale due to unexpected stress? In this session, we will go over a process used to tune a workload and answer the common questions above. In this presentation we will also use RML Utilities to answer these questions and even give you a little insight into how you can document these changes to help you get that next raise.
Top Posts & Pages
- Building a Data Warehouse with SQL Server
- Data Warehouse: Facts and Measures
- SQL Server Performance Tuning for Pirates!
- Introduction to Dimensions
- Benchmark SQL Server Wait Statistics
- Pittsburgh SQL User Group: Data Warehousing Presentation
- Benchmark SQL Server Disk Latency
- Share your local drives with a Remote Desktop Connection
- SQL Server Performance Root Cause Analysis in 10 Minutes