Subscribe to our Newsletter!If you like our blog posts make sure you subscribe to our newsletter . We will share all kinds of great stuff for FREE!
Top Posts & Pages
- Azure Managed Instance Changing DNS prefix
- Data Warehouse: Facts and Measures
- Adding a VLDB database to an SQL Server Availability Group
- Introduction to Dimensions
- Automatic Seeding Very Large Databases in SQL Server 2016
- Rename Server Name for SQL Server Cluster
- 6 ways to get free SQL Server 2012 Training
- Table Partitioning: Secret Weapon for Big Data Problems
- Persist Sample Percent in SQL Server IS Fixed!
Search Results for: Query Store
How long will this sql server restore take?
Have you ever wanted to know how long its going to take to complete a restore once you issued the restore T-SQL command? The DMV’s can actually give you this information. My script to complete this task is included below.
Posted in Uncategorized
Why is My SQL Server Execution Plan Changing and How do I fix It!
Have, you noticed an important query suddenly takes longer to run? Have you noticed the execution plan looks completely different than what you normally expect for your query? Today, I talked at the Performance Virtual Chapter going over how to … Continue reading
Posted in Performance Tuning
My SQL Saturday Houston Story..
This past weekend I had the privilege of speaking at SQL Saturday Houston. I enjoyed catching up with some friends while I also took the time to make some new ones as well. The Talks This year I gave two different … Continue reading
Tagged azure, Houston, Jamey Johnston, Query Store, SQL Saturday
Replication for Azure Databases – #TSQL2SDAY #77
If you’re not familiar, T-SQL Tuesday is a blogging party hosted by a different person each month. It’s a creation of Adam Machanic (b|l|t), and it’s been going on for a long time (77 months to be exact). The host … Continue reading
Posted in Azure
Tagged azure, Azure Database, SQL Server 2016